Welcome to my crazy blog, where I test out almost anything I feel like in Pokémon (mostly in Ubers). This blog has but one goal: make myself have an organized list of sets to test. The most important thing to note about this blog is that almost every set posted in this blog is likely to fail after testing! If a set and/or Pokémon is analysis worthy though, I will note that! If you want to suggest a set to test or something to comment on, just PM me at Smogon (I don't want to have comments here, because I doubt I will ever look at them)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Aggron










This post should be a signal for you all: I have almost no boundries for test subjects in Ubers! Yeah... I am going to test Aggron of ALL things in Ubers, the Pokémon with the dreadful 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, which seems pretty silly. In fact, it probably is pretty silly, but I don't care because I test everything in Ubers, because sometimes you get Pokémon like Cloyster or Hariyama that are actually good!

Set 1: Choice Band
Head Smash
Low Kick
Ice Punch
Earthquake /
Fire Punch
ev spreads: 124 HP / 252 Attack / 132 Speed (for Scizor), max HP/ max Attack / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant

ability: Rock Head
Status: Untested

As I'm sure you all know, Aggron got a nifty new move from HGSS
, Head Smash. Sure, Aggron was pretty overhyped, but Head Smash's power is undeniable. To give you a picture of its strength, Head Smash seems to do around 10%-14% more than an Adamant Choice Band Groudon's Earthquake according to my damage calcs! Head Smash will outright OHKO Palkia, Scizor, Lugia, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Latias, Latios, and much more! It also has around around a 53% chance of OHKOing min HP Giratina-O after Stealth Rock, and will OHKO Calm Wobbuffet after SR and Spikes! Hell, minimum HP Dialga is 2HKOed by Head Smash after SR, and you dont even need SR to 2HKO Garchomp and Skarmory with Head Smash (watch it though, Skarmory can be a bastard and Roost stall so don't stay in)!

Low Kick is basicly there for busting up Dialga and eating Tyranitar, while Ice Punch is the most you are gonna do to Groudon switch-ins, (It does a nice 48%-57% to RP Groudon) and also has the bonus of killing Garchomp. Earthquake is here because Jirachi is like "lol" at Low Kick, while I guess Fire Punch could be used if you hate Bronzong and don't want Skarmory to Roost stall you in the sun.

Aggron has some pretty damn fine resistances to, thanks to being part Steel-type. he has that cool Dragon resist thats so rare in Ubers, and with that massive defense stat, he can take an Outrage like a champ! He also has a nice 4x resistance to Flying, a resistance to Ice, Rock, Dark, Bug, and Ghost.

Now that we talked about the good news, its time to get to the bad news. Aggron has a DREADFUL 4x weakness to Fighting and Ground, in addition to a Water-type weakness. This pretty much means that Palkia, Kyogre, Lucario, Garchomp, Mewtwo, and Darkrai will revenge kill you, while Groudon will own poor Aggron's ass. Worse still, Aggron's Special Defense sucks. To give you a picture of its Special Defense, an unboosted Dialga Draco Meteor can do well over 60% to Aggron!

I do have a gameplan for this when I test Aggron though, but its a risky one: team it up with good old Tyranitar (alternatly, I could pair it up with Hippowdon, which I have to test later, but I don't want to test two risky Pokémon at the same time)! Yeah, I am gonna have two 4x Fighting weaks, Ground weaks, and Water weaks, so I am gonna have to cover that up with the rest of the team! It could have a big pay off though, because that Special Defense boost akes Aggron so much more durable. With the sand, now an unboosted Spacial Rend will deal a managable 26.74% - 31.4%. sadly, Surf still OHKOs, and nuetral Special attacks like Fire Blast are still usually going to 2HKO Aggron. Because of this, I will probably give Aggron some paralysis support as well to help him out, and some ways to deal with Groudon.

Overall, I predict Aggron to be a pretty risky Pokémon to use in Ubers. whether the risk pays out enough or not is up to my testing to decide!

COMING SOON: ROCK POLISH AGGRON!